• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Measure Question

Started by terry08, March 28, 2013, 03:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waltz

That is one of the problems with specifying quantities as volume; it depends on how level or packed down the spoons are and even how 'standard' the spoon sizes are and on the size of the grains you are measuring. It is preferable to use mass (weight) whenever possible.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Waltz on March 29, 2013, 02:20:08 AM
That is one of the problems with specifying quantities as volume; it depends on how level or packed down the spoons are and even how 'standard' the spoon sizes are and on the size of the grains you are measuring. It is preferable to use mass (weight) whenever possible.

That is the best way. What I generally do is to take three measurements and average it out.

Are the volume measurements for teaspoon and tablespoon in U.S the same as over there? I just recalled, when I use a volume converter, it shows that the U.K. tablespoon is larger than the U.S. measurement. That may account for the difference.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Habanero Smoker

I just want to follow up to let members know the Cure #1 Volume to Ounce conversion chart is accurate, so do refer to it if you need to convert your measurements.

There are two small discrepancies, but still very accurate for home use:
1 Tablespoon = .60oz.; should be 1 Tablespoon = .55oz.
3 Tablespoons +1 teaspoon = 2.00oz.; should be 3 Tablespoons + 1 1/4 teaspoons = 2.00oz.

The chart will be corrected either this evening or some time tomorrow.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)