Starter getting better after each use

Started by HSC5690, March 09, 2013, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSC5690

Fed my starter yesterday and iced these today.

Also needed to use up some of the bread that I had made earlier this week.  Made Chicken Dressing Casserole.  It was a good way to use some of the older bread, served with some chicken gravy over it with some veggies on the side made a good supper that got some compliments from the husband.  Sorry no pictures of the plated dish.

classicrockgriller

The Cinnamon Rolls look like $$ in the bank.

Glad you are enjoying the bread.

HSC5690

Next time I am planning on trying to convert my old standby yeast bread recipe (one I have been making for about 20 years) to using the Sweet Bread Starter instead of Yeast.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: HSC5690 on March 09, 2013, 06:26:29 PM
Next time I am planning on trying to convert my old standby yeast bread recipe (one I have been making for about 20 years) to using the Sweet Bread Starter instead of Yeast.

I'm sure you can do it! Looking forward to the report.

SiFumar

Rolls look very tasty!!!  Want to share your Chicken Dressing casserole recipe?  ;D  I usually have mostly ends of bread and throw in freezer.  Makes great croutons! Your casserole sounds tasty!

HSC5690

There was no recipe just melted a 1/2 stick butter and added a small diced onion, would have added a small amount of celery but I didn't have so I added a small amount of celery salt instead, cubed up 4 to 5 sliced of bread and added to the sauted mix, added some poultry seasoning, black pepper and some extra rubbed sage.  Added a can of Sam's Chicken breast along with the broth in it.  Also added 2 beaten eggs mixed with half a can of chicken broth.  Mix all up and place in a sprayed casserole dish and bake 350 just until it starts to brown.  Made some gravy with the left over broth.  Very quick and easy.

OU812

SiFumar

Thanks HSC...I don't do recipes much either...sounded gooooood!