Got hammered by another snow storm.

Started by devo, April 19, 2013, 08:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Had 30 lbs of bacon in the bradley yesterday. Started around 9am and planned on pulling it out after dinner. Well the snow started to come around 5 pm so I just said the heck with it, the bacon can sit in the smoker over night. It was done and it was just going into the fridge anyways and the temp was around 30-34 F .
Woke up this morning to this  :o

Thats my smoking shack that holds my bradley, had to dig my way to it this morning, and its still coming down.

But the bacon made it through it no problem  ;D   Resting again in the fridge.

Tried to get a time laps video of the snow collecting on the deck but the power went out last night around 2:15 AM and that was that.

Click on the photo

tskeeter

Jeez, Devo, it looks like you got hit by a storm that backed in off the lake!  How much did did you get?  I can't quite tell from your pics.  Looks like anything from 6" on top of the trailer to about a foot and a half in front of the smoker house.  Reminds me of my days just south of you in GM.  School would be cancelled and we'd go out and get snowmobiles stuck out in the woods.

Mark in Ottawa

OOooooof! That's harsh. Will spring/summer never get here?!?!?!

What a crappy winter so far...I feel your pain!

Mark (in Ottawa)
DBS 4-Rack w/ Auber dual-probe PID
Maverick ET-732

beefmann

pensrock

mikecorn.1

It's was cold here to this morning. 50 them warmed up to 70 ;D

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

Keymaster

That's down right wrong!! You guys are getting slammed with bad weather on the east coast and up. Good thing you got all that good looking Bacon :)

jjmoney

How do you do your cure devo? I made bacon a while back and found it underwhelming.

devo

Quote from: jjmoney on April 19, 2013, 07:03:52 PM
How do you do your cure devo? I made bacon a while back and found it underwhelming.

I used to just use 10.5,s recipe HERE  but I now make 30lbs every 3-4 weeks for people who buy it from me. So I purchased a big box of bacon maple cure (50lbs.) from halfordsmailorder.com.