• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Greetings from Central Pennsylvania

Started by CalvinD49, April 14, 2013, 04:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalvinD49

After years of fighting with a wood-fired smoker, with minimal success I might add, and some recommendations, I decided to take the plunge and purchase an Original Bradley Smoker.  Actually you could thank Michael Ruhlman in his book "Charcuterie" for recommending the Bradley in the first place.  Then a friend on mine purchased one and, based on his recommendation, mine is on the deck.
I seasoned it last weekend and there is chicken on the menu for today.  I put the chicken in the brine last evening so it would be ready for today.  I know I have much to learn and it all starts with the first "chicken".
Thanks
CalvinD49

pensrock

beefmann

Welcome Aboard Calvin,

after  smoking  the chickens in the bradley put them in a 350 F oven for  15 to 20 mins to crisp the skin other wise it will be a  bit rubbery.

there is a  learning curve with anything new a few items to get is a  remote Thermometer like the maverick et 732 to help with It of meats, frog mats, to aide in cleaning. and if you  have any questions  or want advice .. go ahead and ask.. there are many tips and tricks here

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  X2 what Beefmann said.  I also recommend buying Bubba Pucks.  Check out Yard and Pool as a good place to buy Bradley stuff. 

CalvinD49

Thanks for the welcome.  The chickens turned out pretty good for the first time.  I did remove them when the IT was about 150 and put them in a 425 oven.  Chicken was moist and flavorful. I do have probe thermometer but it is wired.  The Bubba Pucks and mats sound like a good deal.  I will have to go find them.
Thanks again.
Calvin

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard, from south Texas.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

beefmann