• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoking a little bit of everything this weekend

Started by tsquared, May 06, 2006, 06:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

I've got about 15 lbs of boston butt going as of early this afternoon, did a rack of onions for an hour for some smoked onion soup, then ran out and bought a couple of dozen Union Bay oysters, inspired by 3 rivers post last weekend. Just polishing off 1/2 dozen as appies, along with a glass of stout....it was too rough to go halibut fishing today so I smoked instead. Anybody else fired up?
T2

MWS

Hey Tom, I picked up some 'Ocean Park Washington' oysters this morning from Superstore as well as some cod.  I did the flour, egg, corn flake crumb coating and pan fried them for dinner. What a great meal on a grey day. Of course, while in town I picked up some Phillip's IPA. Love them....... My wife and kids are glad I was inspired by the oyster posts.....well...maybe not the kids. They weren't to impressed by the look and taste of oysters. I guess they will have to acquire the taste. Sounds like your having a culinary weekend Tom. Enjoy and cheers.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

tsquared

Hey Mike--

Tell your kids I  learned to eat oysters around the campfire when when I was a kid--but it was in the dark! Long as I couldn't see them, I could eat them. :D
T2

MallardWacker

Quote from: tsquared on May 06, 2006, 06:01:53 PM
.... did a rack of onions for an hour for some smoked onion soup...

Ya BABY...now we be talking.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

manxman

QuoteLong as I couldn't see them, I could eat them. 

Haha, quite agree.  ::)  That's how I started off eating raw oysters which I still love with a pint of Guiness. Thing is I can look them in the eyes now as I eat them! ;D

Not managed to tempt either of my young sons yet with raw oysters although they have tried oysters grilled with garlic and also "angels on horseback", both of which they were ok with.

Not tried smoked oysters as yet, did some smoked scallops a while back and thought they were much nicer unsmoked.
Manxman