• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Finishing snack stix

Started by browning92, May 14, 2013, 12:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning92

I think i have everything fin of figured out as far as smoking but what about finishing?  I have read about blooming and then put in a fridge overnight? If any one could give me some pointers that would be great!
Thanks

watchdog56

Finishing in a water bath keeps the sticks plump while finishing in smoker will give them the shrivel up look you see in the stores.

browning92

thanks   i kinda like the wrinkled look   see how i like them once i get them out  siting at a IT of 129 right now shooting for 152

fuzzy1

then just hang them to cool down good. Some people put them in paper bags in the fridge over night. Main thing is don't put them in plastic bags or seal them until there have cooled down or you will get moisture.
Take a kid fishing

Tenpoint5

Quote from: fuzzy1 on May 16, 2013, 02:47:22 PM
then just hang them to cool down good. Some people put them in paper bags in the fridge over night. Main thing is don't put them in plastic bags or seal them until there have cooled down or you will get moisture.
The moisture is great if you want a softer mouth feel on the sticks. If you want the dry hard snap then hang till cool cut to size and put in brown paper bag in fridge over night
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!