• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

puck progress what happens

Started by PaulD, May 17, 2013, 11:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulD

What happens?  If I set both the wood and oven timers for 9 hours but only put 12 pucks in the column?

The reason I'm asking is because I could not set the wood timer for 4 hours while at the same time set the oven for 9 hours. That's what I wanted to do. But the dbs would only let me increase the oven time if I increased the wood time.

So is it going to run all the pucks through and also leave the burner on the whole 9 hours?

Thanks,

This is my first smoke!

Wildcat

I do not have a digital so I do not know if there is any adjustment. What you can do is put as much time as you want, put the amount of wood pucks that you need then put on two bubba pucks with nothing behind it. That way it should continue to operate but not waste your wood.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Alanfromwis

Yes, under the circumstances you said, the puck burner would stay on for 9 hours & that last puck  would be burned to a crisp unless you used 3 bubba pucks to push all the wood pucks clear of burner. BUT, I have a digital Bradley & can run either element for whatever time I want up to 9:40 seperatly. Or to put it another way any or no time on either or both has no effect on either.
  Has this been like this since new, or a recent development? I just double checked mine to make sure of what I was saying is the way mine is. And it is.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

Salmonsmoker

Paul,
I think there's an issue with your smoke generator. I've had a digital for years and the heat element timer and the puck burner timer operate independently from one another.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

PaulD

That was last night, this is now the morning. The brisket has been cooking all night.  Now I'm resetting to continue cooking during the day.   It is now letting me set each independently.  I don't know why it wouldn't last night

Fyi. What it did was run all the pucks through and lerft my 3 Bubba pucks on the tray. Not sure if the burner stayed on, but by the look of my new Bubba puck I thinkthe burner stayed on all night.

KyNola

Your puck burner most likely did stay on the entire time.  Nothing wrong with that, in fact I leave mine on the entire time anyhow as it is another heat source.

pokermeister

Don't get in a hurry to remove the Bubba puck on the smoke generator with your fingers. Also, don't ask how I know this. :o
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

TedEbear

Quote from: pokermeister on May 19, 2013, 02:55:34 PM
Don't get in a hurry to remove the Bubba puck on the smoke generator with your fingers. Also, don't ask how I know this. :o

;D

pokermeister

The guy from Indiana Jones must have had the fancy Bubba pucks.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!