• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

North Georgia Smoker

Started by Mountainmac, May 28, 2013, 01:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mountainmac

Woohoo!!!

Got an early Father's Day present.....A Bradley BTDS76P Digital Smoker!!!
While I hate the thought of giving up my old tried and true charcoal grille/smoker, I cannot wait to get smoking with this thing  :D

Just wanted to say hey......So no I am off to try and find some tips on this forum on how to use the Mighty Mechanism of Smoke (MMOS) LOL 

Mountainmac Out

KyNola

Welcome to the Forum!  Don't hesitate to ask any questions.  Lots of good folks on here willing to help.

TedEbear

Welcome aboard!  Here's my new smoker starter kit that should help get you on your way.

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET732

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Any plans for your first smoke?  Pork butts (I think the new name is Boston roast) are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

Mountainmac

Wow, thanks Ted for the info.  It will help plenty.
Yeah, my first smoke with MMOS will be a pork butt.
However, I will be doing a lot of buffalo meat, pork chops and some beef briskets as the mainstay. 

Thanks again
Mountainmac Out

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska!  TedEbear has you going in the right direction.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Mountainmac;

Welcome to the forum.

Hang on to your old tried and true charcoal grill/smoker. Different cooking techniques require different equipment, and you will find that you still need a charcoal cooker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

Welcome to the forum and enjoy

fuzzy1

Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. There are many of these guys and gals who really know their stuff.
Take a kid fishing

pokermeister

Welcome to the forum. Make sure you use a meat themometer to take the pork butt to the right temperature. I use 190 internal temp (IT). Easier to pull that way.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

Indy Smoker

Don't forget to FTC those butts. That's wrap in foil, then wrap in a towel, and place in a dry cooler. Keep them in there 2-3 hours and then pull. I have kept up to 5 hours and they remain HOT. A must for pork butts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, you scored a great father's day. You found the greatest wealth of information I've ever seen in a forum. I just got started with mine a few weeks back and everything I've picked up here worked great.