• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Kiełbasa Krakowska Wędzona

Started by GusRobin, July 07, 2013, 08:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

A while back I saw this recipe for Kiełbasa Krakowska Wędzona from Kevin. So today I thought I would give it a try.
A mixture of ground butt and ground beef.

Emulsified the mixture, added cubed pork tenderloin and spices.

Did about 5 lbs and ended up with an 11" and 8" chub.

Hung them in the Bradley and ready to run through the "sausage cycle".

You'll notice the ice in the water tray. I have it set up as a permanent cold smoke set-up so I mainly use that tray to catch drippings and grease. This time I started the cycle and because I was having issues with the smoke generator I forgot to put the PID probe in the cabinet so it read the outside temp and kept the elements running as it tried to get to 100*. I got the SG working (guess I need to clean it again) and noticed that the cabinet temp was up to 160. I was worried about fat out going that hot too soon. So I added ice to the bowl to cool it faster. Due to the way I wired the set up I was able to keep the PID running the SG but turn off the elements until the temp dropped and I could resume the sausage cycle starting at 100* for an hr.

Here is the electronic control box I built  a while back (with a lot of advice and help from Beefman).
When I added the 2nd element, I gave it its own power plug on back of the cabinet. So the top of the control unit has a separate on/off switch for each element, and also a dimmer switch for each element that work like the slider on the OBS. So this gives me a lot of options regarding power to the elements.  On the bottom section there is a switch for the fan on the cabinet, an overhead light in the Bradley house, a main power on/off light, main power switch, a switch to turn the PID on and off, and a circuit breaker button. I can pretty much control it all from this unit and have a lot of power options..

But I digress.
Its been in about 7 hrs total and almost done. Here is a blurry ( don't worry you dind't drink too much) pic of the Bradley in its house with the light on.

Out of the smoker at 153* and in an ice bath to cool down.

Hanging and blooming.

Getting late, so I'll put it in the fridge and slice tomorrow.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

Gus,

the Kielbasa  looks great. how did it turn out?

how is the control box working out for you

GusRobin

Beefman,
Didn't get a chance to try it last night as it was done late and I was tied up. I wanted to slice it with the slicer, vac seal and freeze but didn't want to do it last night. Probably do it tonight so I'll post the results.

The control unit works great. I think the best thing I did was run each element on its own plug and adding the individual on/off switches and dimmers. Gives ma a wide number of options. Thanks again for all the help with it.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

GusRobin

Sliced and fried some up and made a sandwich. (unicorn sandwich 'cause I was too hungry to take a pic. Actually I forgot, but the first excuse sounds better.) This tasted great. Going to have to make more.
Here is a bunch sliced, bagged and ready to freeze.

devo

Looks like it came out real good there Gus