• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cheese anybody?

Started by Fowl Dog 85, June 14, 2013, 12:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fowl Dog 85

Smoked my first cheese today and it melted all over the inside of my smoker!  How do you guys do that!? 

KIDDING!  Smoked two blocks of jalapeƱo jack in apple and went very well. 

Certified zombie and varmint kong hunter
Look here beavers, hide your wives hide your husbands and hey both of ya hide your kids cause we're comin'! ~ Si Robertson

If it flys it dies...if it sits it dies too.

Tenpoint5

Vac seal that cheese and throw it in the bottom back of the fridge for the next month.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

SiFumar

May I suggest you find more things to smoke so you don't waste all that valuable real estate? Chex mix, nuts, kosher salt to name a few things.  Make the most of your smoker!

Fowl Dog 85

Quote from: SiFumar on June 14, 2013, 05:50:39 PM
May I suggest you find more things to smoke so you don't waste all that valuable real estate? Chex mix, nuts, kosher salt to name a few things.  Make the most of your smoker!

Yes, you may suggest all you want.  I'm still learning so I'm doing one thing at a time.  When I smoke something that I know I'll want a quantity of then I'll load up the smoker.  Till then I'll just smoke day by day. 

Look here beavers, hide your wives hide your husbands and hey both of ya hide your kids cause we're comin'! ~ Si Robertson

SiFumar

Wow..ok.  Sorry...didn't mean nothing by it.  I didn't say " load it up" either.  I just suggested to add other items to cold smoke. By all means do one thing at a time.

Fowl Dog 85

Quote from: SiFumar on June 14, 2013, 06:57:16 PM
Wow..ok.  Sorry...didn't mean nothing by it.  I didn't say " load it up" either.  I just suggested to add other items to cold smoke. By all means do one thing at a time.

I'm terribly sorry.  I feel bad for how I reacted to your suggestion.  I did take your advice today and I'm smoking bacon in apple and I was only gonna do a few strips but went ahead and put a whole pack in

ragweed

Whenever I "cold smoke" steaks, cheese or eggs as my "target product", also I do a rack or two of triscuits or chex mix.  Same temp, same flavor, same length of time.  I think that's what Sifumar meant.  Using the space without making more of any one thing than my wife and I can comfortably consume.