• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pork Bellies

Started by Cobra7, July 27, 2013, 12:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra7

I can't find a pork belly anywhere and the butchers I've asked looked at me like they never heard of it. Any ideas where I can find one?

Saber 4

Don't know where in Arkansas you are but if you're near a city that has a Whole Foods they have it at their meat counter regularly, it's a little more expensive than our other stores but they are limited to Texas. Did you tell the butcher you wanted to make bacon? that might help them understand what you need. I had to take a picture from the internet to the butcher to get my boneless beef short plate for my beef bacon. So many butcher's today just cut meat out of cryopac's and trim it up and have never really butchered a whole animal.

Cobra7

Just called Whole Foods in Memphis TN (about a hour away) and they are out but ordered me some for next weekend. I'll keep y'all updated on the belly cook next Sunday. Thanks for the advise Sabor 4.

pensrock

In PA if I ask a butcher for a pork belly they will sell you one but its more than buying their bacon. I guess they want to keep the bellies for their own bacon rather than selling them.  ???