• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Snacking sticks 1st go in a bradley

Started by sswandler, July 09, 2013, 09:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswandler

I got my digital 4 rack Bradley and now I am going to try some honey garlic snacking sticks.
I am using lean ground beef and natural casings.
This is my first time using the Bradley, I have used a propane smoker before but wanted more control over the temp.
I am using seasonings from Halfords Atlas, I have never used the natural casings before.
Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

beefmann

welcome aboard

keep your top vent wide open,,, keep your top vent wide  open... as for doing  sticks people with  more  experience will be  along

Tenpoint5

120 for an hour to dry, 140 for 2 hours to smoke , 150 for an hour, 160 for an hour, 170 until It of 149 is reached. Pull and bloom at room temp until cool.

Or

When IT is 152 pull and submerge in ice bath until cool bout5 minutes, then hang to bloom
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

sswandler

Should I let the sticks sit in a fridge for 24hr after stuffing, or smoke right away?

KyNola

If the sticks are going to laying on the racks you may want to consider rotating the racks periodically, top to bottom front to back.

If this is your first time using your BDS you need to know that you are going to experience wide temp swings within the tower unless you have some sort of PID or SSR device controlling the heating element independent of the Bradley digital controller.  Temp swings with something like a butt, brisket, ribs, even chicken aren't an issue but for sausages and stick they can be.

Slacker