• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Newbie from QC, Canada

Started by IcemanPQ, July 09, 2013, 09:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IcemanPQ

Hi all,

Total newbie here, Bradley and/or smoking. I have tried smoking in my gaz BBQ, but could never get anything done correctly.
And then for Bday, the wife decided to surprise me with a brand new smoker ;)

devo

Welcome, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Plenty of people here to help you out.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska!

beefmann

welcome to the forum, lots of good information  and good people here

first things   first,

1) season your smoker
2) run your  top vent open.. wide open
3) ask questions
4) go to the recipe site, it has a  lot of good information
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

enjoy

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, sounds like you got a keeper with your wife, that's a great birthday present. You'll love all you can do on the Bradley.

IcemanPQ

thanks people.

I do have a question. I was hopping to make some Bacon at some point, do I absolutely need an hanger? or can I lay it down flat

Saber 4

I have recently done both slab bacon and Canadian bacon and I laid them flat on the racks with no problems, just be careful measuring your cure for each piece of meat individually so you don't over or under cure the bacon. I have used the Hi Mountain bacon cure with success and I am getting some Cure #1 so I can start making my own recipe bacons. I am also going to follow Beefman's lead and do a beef bacon. So dive in and enjoy just follow the great posts and recipes you'll find here. Hope that helps. :)

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

sage03

Welcome from NC. Hopefully your wife will enjoy the goodies coming from the smoker just as much as you will...!

Ketch22

welcome to the forum :) from NJ

mahto

Welcome to the forum from So Cal
tu amigo
mahto

Slacker