New member from Vancouver Island BC

Started by cheska, July 10, 2013, 12:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheska

Hi got my smoker in 2010 a BTDS76P.  I lurked for all these years and borrowed your receipes.  Have smoked  pink salmon using
Kommoks brine and smoking times.   According to neighbors and friends its been successful.  Also did a turkey one year.  But
salmon is my choice as we get alot of salmon up here.  Because we have a freezer full of fish the wife said get it smoked and out of her freezer.  So I came back to the forum and saw it has changed alot since I was on so I decided to join.  I can't say enough
good things about the smoker or this forum, hope to broaden my smoking experience with different meats.  So keep up the good
work and the new ideas.  Bob

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, you might try to do some Canadian Bacon if you want to try something new, it's easy to cure and smoke and your wife will make room in her freezer for lots of it when she gets a taste of it.

Ketch22

beefmann

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum cheska. After you smoke the salmon you'll have to preserve it somehow. I vacuum pack and then freeze. If that's your method, your wife's gonna be disappointed in the freezer space she doesn't re-gain.  ::)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska. 

Slacker