Name change

Started by Waterin' Hole Smoke n Brew, July 19, 2013, 02:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterin' Hole Smoke n Brew

Hey all, need to change username, anyone know how to do this.  Mine is too close to a KCBS team name and I would like to change it.  Thanks

Saber 4

Go to Profile on the top left menu bar, then go to Modify Profile and you can just change your info and save from what I saw.

Saber 4

I wanted to try it so I went to Account Info under Profile and Modify Profile and took the changed my name from Saber 4 to Saber4 without the space (which I've been wanting to do to make logging on easier) and it took it with only asking my password so Brian must have made changes so it was easier on him.

Saber 4

Update, After making the change and logging out I found that I have to log in using my original Saber 4 name but my name shows up on the forum as Saber4 (no space), so you can change the name we see and log in using the old name you don't want until you can get Brian to change it officially like devo posted.

pz

One option is to use your username as it is and change only the display name as Saber 4 has demonstrated as long as you are only interested in what people see when they visit the forum. Typically the display name is something that anyone can change, but changing the login username is something that is limited to the systems administrator.  (I'm sysadmin of two other forums that are based on SMF, so this issue is one I've seen on occasion).
My online cookbook: good food & friends

NePaSmoKer

You need to get with Brian. He may say to create a new account.

KyNola

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on July 19, 2013, 08:52:22 PM
You need to get with Brian. He may say to create a new account.
With only 4 posts and one of them being the "how do I change my name" post, just create a new account.

Waterin' Hole Smoke n Brew

Thanks to all for the help !!

Slacker

That explains a few things.......