• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

ON/OFF won't ON

Started by ChrisTheo, July 13, 2013, 11:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisTheo

I have a never used digital smoker which I got ready to season this morning, after a year or so of the smoker sitting in its box in the basement.

The power cords, etc are seated properly, as per the troubleshooting suggestions, however, to power is not getting to the generator. Nothing, just a lot of 8s. I tried plugging and unplugging, to no avail.

It may be that something is wrong, and it may be that I am doing something incorrectly, although I read the instructions thoroughly.

I would be grateful if anyone can point me to an answer.

Chris

beefmann

check your thermocouple connections / cable for rust / corrosion .. and clean them... I think i have heard that this  will cause a  problem like you are talking about   

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ChrisTheo on July 13, 2013, 11:21:07 AM
I have a never used digital smoker which I got ready to season this morning, after a year or so of the smoker sitting in its box in the basement.

The power cords, etc are seated properly, as per the troubleshooting suggestions, however, to power is not getting to the generator. Nothing, just a lot of 8s. I tried plugging and unplugging, to no avail.

It may be that something is wrong, and it may be that I am doing something incorrectly, although I read the instructions thoroughly.

I would be grateful if anyone can point me to an answer.

Chris

Try to push the on/off tac tile real hard.

ChrisTheo

Thank you NePaSmoker and beefmann for replying to my problem.

1. the connections are OK. The smoker is/was in its original box, so it wasn't exposed to moisture, etc.

2. I tried pushing the tile very hard with my knuckle, to no avail.

ChrisTheo

Also, I read in the support FAQ that

Please pay close attention to the tower. There is a lip on the cord, make sure that it's flush with the unit.

The lip of the cord won't go flush with the unit; there's maybe a one eighth gap. No matter how hard I push, it won't seat all the way in. Everything is super clean, like new, so I don't know what the darned problem could be.

:'(

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: ChrisTheo on July 13, 2013, 12:56:29 PM
Also, I read in the support FAQ that

Please pay close attention to the tower. There is a lip on the cord, make sure that it's flush with the unit.

The lip of the cord won't go flush with the unit; there's maybe a one eighth gap. No matter how hard I push, it won't seat all the way in. Everything is super clean, like new, so I don't know what the darned problem could be.

:'(

If the generator will not power on, have you checked the outlet to make sure that is operating? If the power outlet is working, you may have a loose connection inside the generator. Open the generator and check for unattached and/or loose connections:

Digital - No Power
Make sure you check out the other links in that post.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)