• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

brisket

Started by tsides66, June 05, 2006, 02:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsides66

what do you mean when you say ftc? I'm new to smoking with the bradley so any tips from you guys would be of great help. When smoking a brisket should i leave the vent on top open some, i've been keeping it mostly closed this my be why its cooking to fast, I know the key to smoking is doing it slow, should i let the brisket cook some before i start the smoker and i've read alot of recipe's that add apple juice when should this be done? Can one of you give me an easy recipe to follow? Thanks

iceman

Hi ya tsides66. FTC "Foil, Towel, Cooler". This meaning when the meat comes out of the smoker you wrap it tight in foil, then in layers of towels then stick it in an old cooler chest to keep WARM not cold for a few hours. This finishes the cooking process and makes the meat very tender and easy to pull or slice. Hope this helps you out.

asa

Welcome to the forum. When smoking anything, keep the vent open - 1/3 to 1/2 way seems to be standard for most people on the list. Although new to smoking with the Bradley, I have learned that you have to keep it open at least enough so smoke doesn't come out from anywhere BUT the vent. If you see it leaking out from the region of the smoke generator or the door seal, open the vent more.

Oldman, on this forum, has what sounds like a great recipe for brisket. I haven't tried it yet but plan to do so. Some of it can be found at   http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=2155.msg20528#msg20528.  I couldn't find it at his recipe website, but may not know how to access it since I'm a relative newcomer to these lists.

Good luck and best regards.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Oldman

QuoteI couldn't find it at his recipe website, but may not know how to access it since I'm a relative newcomer to these lists.
The reason you cannot find it is I forgot to add it~~~!

Anyway thanks for the link to that old posting.  I found I had to edit the coding so this new board would allow the Click to Enlarge for the images to work.

tsides66, first welcome to the boards.  Next I always remove my smoke food and ftc them at 5 degrees F below the finished temp.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!