• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Clean up messy

Started by Lorne, June 22, 2013, 10:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorne

One of the issues I have is the clean up after smoking.  Did ribs yesterday and the V grate at the bottom was particularly hard to clean up. The baskets were not too bad. Any tips here to make clean up easier would be appreciated.
I plan to live forever. So far so good.

Robert Rose

PAM. Spray the V-Grate down good with PAM before you start the smoke and it should clean up a lot easier.
Robert Rose
Director Region 3
Texas Association of Bass Clubs
CoCoRaHS Volunteer TX-ER-4

beefmann

Lorne,

try soaking the v tray, and racks in a tub of water with oxi clean amd a de greasing dish detergent like dawn, let soak 24 to 48 hours and can wash off most  easily,,, let set out to dry .. then brush off the flakes... comes out  very clean

Saber 4

I put all my stuff in a sink with hot water and a lot of Dawn dish soap as soon as it's cool enough to handle and let soak for about 30 minutes to an hour, then I use a 3M sponge with the green scruffy side and give everything a quick wipe down before draining the water and rinsing. This has worked good for me so far, everything comes out looking like new except the aluminum drip pan that has a little heat discoloration.

3rensho

Dishwasher works for me.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

pokermeister

I found that soaking the v tray for a couple of hours, then using a "Magic Eraser" works great.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

Lorne

Thanks everyone I will use pam next time and also an old dish pan to soak the v tray. Will try the Magic eraser if all else fails. 
I plan to live forever. So far so good.

DetroitSmoke

I use a degreasser such as Oiil Out or Purple Power and let it soak.  Works like a charm
Bradley BTIS1
Dual Element or Single w/switch
convection fan/switch, extra racks
Big Chief cold smoke gen
Kirkland SS Gas Grill
Please buy me a dual probe PID

rexster

Spray it down with oven cleaner then rinse off. 90% of the crud comes right off. I spray mine down soon as I'm through taking the food out. Take the vtray out while it's still hot/warm and the cleaner works better. It's stainless so the chemicals don't hurt it
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

r_man

Pressure washer works great.  I cleaned my bowl v-grate and pan for the first time in 10 years the other day and they were shining.  A little more setup, but it only takes about 5 minutes and you're done.

NePaSmoKer

Yeah

Put the v-tray and racks in the dishwasher. Works like a charm.

TonyL222

This stuff:

Will look like NEW!!

SiFumar

I don't worry if it's shiny anymore.....life is to short to scrub! ;D