• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Trying a Bradley recipe for jerky

Started by RAF128, September 12, 2013, 10:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

As I mentioned in my last post on,Trying something new, Bradley put recipe for "Spicy Ole Jerky.   I sound good so had to give a try.  Recipe is as follows:
3 lb lean meat, beef or Venison
4 tbsp. water
4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 tsp hot sauce
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp chili powder

Meat to be sliced 1/8 inch thick.    Ingredients mixed and rubbed onto meat and left in a glass container overnight
I followed the instructions except I added an extra 1/2 tsp of hot sauce.   Also, I was out of chili powder so substituted Paprika.
Instead of rubbing the meat I applied the mixture to both sides of the meat with a basting brush.

It smelled pretty good.    It's now in the fridge until tomorrow morning when it goes into the smoker.   The instructions mention
putting it in the Bradley without a water tray.    I don't like that idea since the used pucks will just lay there smoldering and might give
off some not so appealing smoke flavor.   Of course, like I usually do, I'll take the water tray out after the smoke faze.
Will let you know.

RAF128

Well, this is another recipe I won't use again. It's missing something.  I doubled the hot sauce and still little heat to it. Also could use a good dose of pepper. There's plenty of garlic. Guess I'll stick to what has worked for me in the past.

Saber 4

Thanks for sharing, I learn a lot even from things that don't work out for others. Have you tried the Smoking Gun marinade and recipes? I got a bottle from Ragweed at the MWSO and it's a really good base and they have a list of recipes to add ingredients to get the heat/flavor you want. Of course I am still working on developing a recipe that I like that I can call my own.

beefmann