• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello from Southwest Florida, Fort Myers

Started by cstpp, October 16, 2013, 05:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstpp

I am new to the smoking world. Just got my new BS611. Cant wait for the weekend :) :)

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, Keep your vent open and Happy Smoking

Smokin Sparky

Welcome from Southwest Idaho.  Feel free to ask questions.  The members here are always willing to pass along their knowledge.  Remember we like pictures.   ;D

Blake
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

beefmann

welcome to the forum, lots of good information and people

Ketch22

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

mwilliams7967

Welcome from the Philadelphia area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

smokerator

Welcome from north Georgia. You will love your new bradley smoker. I spent many weekends at the Lani Kai when my brother was seadoo racing.
Mike aka Smokerator

BS611

tskeeter

cstpp, welcome to the forums.  When you have some time, check out www.susanminor.org.  This web site is the home of Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes, a collection of the best recipes from a group of highly experienced forum members.  The really nice thing about these recipes is that they are not your typical list of ingredients, quantities, and what size pan to use.  They include lots of helpful tips that will turn you into a smoke house hero.

One last piece of important advice.  Keep the vent open, keep the vent open, keep the vent open.  I forgot the vent closed once.  Ended up with a batch of sausage that looked and tasted sooty. (A closed vent prevents moisture from exiting your smoker, which means the smoker can't heat up properly (water can absorb an astounding amount of heat) and a build up of moisture can drip back on your food in the form of the dreaded black rain.)  To prevent a repeat performance of the sooty sausage, I removed the adjustable damper from the vent of my smoker.     

ragweed