The Jack

Started by GusRobin, October 19, 2013, 05:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Anyone going to the Jack Daniels BBQ Competition. I may go up there next weekend and if you want to get together give a PM wit your cell number and I'll call you when I get there (if I go).
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

devo

hehehehe that is to funny.....had no idea what that was so I went to their web sit and it asked where I'm from and my birthdate. Had to scroll down for a while  :(
Anyways when the site came up it was all in french, WTF do they think we are all french canadian

GusRobin

you must have hit the wrong button ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

sounds  like it would be a blast,,, well a  hang over anyway ;D ;D

ratherbboating

I went to the Jack Daniels BBQ (live less than 45 minutes from Lynchburg) .  Lots of BBQ and LOTS of people.  Watched the judging for a while and tasted some of the BBQ.  Also watch people getting their presentation ready for the judges.
Now back home watching football, but my team is blacked out here.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

Tenpoint5

Our friend SouthernSmoked is competing at the Jack.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ratherbboating

If I had known that before I went, would have tried to look him up.  I did walk around and look at everybody doing BBQ for judging.  Walking around like that is the most interesting part, seeing what people are doing.  A lot of people cooked with ceramic bbq kettles (using everything from hardwood from a fire nearby to regular Kingsford Charcoal), but there was a lot of big rigs and smokers there.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child