• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

hello all

Started by bubba350, February 05, 2011, 10:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubba350

Hey Folks,

I have used the site before for tips on brisket.  It turned out great! So nice to meet you all

Later Bubba

DTAggie

Welcome bubba.  What kind of equipment are you smokin' with?

azzemoto

I just got this smoker today and I am very excited!!!  Right now I am "seasoning" my smoker but the recipe that I havefor BBQ Thighs(Adam Perry Lang) calls for getting your cooking temp up to 300.  Will this smoker do it?

EZ Smoker

azzemoto, which smoker did you get?       I assume you're talking about a Bradley (though other brands are discussed freely on this forum), but when I was buying, Bradley had a couple of different models to choose from.   Which model do you have?
It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

azzemoto

I bought the basic model.  I have only been able to reach 220!!! Help!

GusRobin

Make sure all the plugs are in tight. Is your vent open? You need to leave it at least partially open to get the moisture out.  Are you using an extension cord? If so is it at least 14 gauge? Try it without the extension cord. Did you use hot water in the pan?

The Bradley is made for low and slow. If you need 300 I would use the grill or something else. Maybe your oven after you smoke the meat.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

EZ Smoker

Yeah 300 is higher than you'll be able to get.   270 maybe, but that assumes you haven't put cold meat in it.  With the meat in, it'll be somewhat lower.   I can understand wanting to cook chicken parts at a higher temp to get the skin crisp, but what I do is I smoke them using the hottest temp I can  (which isn't very hot), then finish them on a hot grill.  It works well for me.  I get very good to great skin, and wonderful smoke flavor in my chicken parts (I cook wings, drumsticks, leg quarters, and breasts).

Sorry to be so slow to respond today.

It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

smokin420

Welcome bubba :) :) :)
Digital 4 rack Bradley smoker
Sam Baere 1.5 hp meat grinder/stuffer
dual prode AUBER PID
circulation fan
lem 5lbs stuffer
food saver vac sealer

ArnieM

bubba - Hi and welcome to the forum.

azzemoto - I also have the OBS and never got it above about 240-245 in the summer.  I also finish on the grill.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

schneep

Welcome, the people on this site helped me alot, and are always helpfull. 
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

beefmann

welcome aboard and enjoy , lots of good people on the forum

TestRocket

Welcome Bubba,

I see some good advice above so good luck!

bubba350

6 rack dbs
It is well seasoned now!

NorthShoreMN

Welcome from Minnesota
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

pokermeister

Ask lots of questions, someone has the answer. Welcome to the forum!
Life is short, eat the dessert first!