• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help

Started by Whistlerduck, October 23, 2013, 05:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Whistlerduck
The method I use would be 1 hour at 120F just to get the meat dry. After that I smoke for 3-4 hours at a temp of 150-155 F  with hickory. I like lots of smoke so 4 hours is my go to time. After about 7-8 hours I start checking and remove the ones that are done. Never had one go over 8-10 hours.

Whistlerduck

Devo thank you for the response. This is very helpful. I think where I did it in the order I posted I think I sealed the outside of the jerky and made it impossible to dry the inside. The guys absolutely loved the jerky, at 4am they started on 5lbs of jerky, but 730am it was gone! The guys are still making mention of how good it was which, is always a boost to a fellas pride. Love my Bradley Smoker, it has done some of the best ribs ever among other great things and the jerky is just a great bonus. To think I was trying to justify spending 1200 on a Green Egg until a buddy of mine said "Why would you not go with a Digital Bradley, set it and pretty much forget it" Who has time to watch a firebox and so on. He was right, best thing I ever did.
DBS 6