Summer sausage and franks again.

Started by pikeman_95, November 01, 2013, 11:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman_95

BAM1

Dammit Kerby, you always make me want to find an awesome water bath.  Awesome looking sausage.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

pikeman_95

You might take a look at these on ebay.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/261319906160

or this one

http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/atq/4101439951.html

If you Google copper boiler you might find something at a decent price.
Kirby

BAM1

Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

lumpy

You are a machine Kirby!
Always enjoy your posts my friend.

Lump

pikeman_95

Lumpy
It has been a while. How are things. Have you been making anything lately. As you can see I just got done with a fairly good batch. My friend and I had a good time. I just got a call from a 76 year old friend that got a bull elk and wants to make some sausage. Man I hope I can have that spunk when I get that old. I asked him how he managed to handle an bull elk and he said he makes sure that he hunts with younger guys. Kind of a kick.
Kirby

lumpy

dirt1008

I'm new to all of this. What's the purpose of the water bath? To cook?

pikeman_95

Dirt
Yes the water bath is to bring the sausage to core temperature much faster. I give it about 2.5 hours of heavy smoke after the casings are warm and dry in the smoker. Then after the heavy smoke into the 160-165 F water bath until the sausage core temp reaches 155 for 10 minutes. I have done as many as 4 smokes in one long day. I made the stainless tank and pumps which sit on a 3 burner propane stove. It usually only takes about 20-30 minutes to reach core temperature. The sausage turn out moist and safely cooked all the way through. Some of the members are using the large turkey roasters for their water bath.
Kirby

dirt1008

Really appreciate the info, someday I'd like to be a pro! Really good looking smokes man