• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

help with my smoker please!! cant go above 175degrees

Started by christoff, December 07, 2013, 04:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christoff

hey guys, im having a hell of a problem.
I live in alberta and have my Bradley in a shed out of wind, but its still -30 outside. I am trying to cook two moderate sized chickens. My top vent is wide open, and heat is cranked max since 230. It is now 530 and internal temp. of chicken is only 110. How long will it take approx. to get chicken temp to 180. I was hoping to be done within half hour. any help would be greatly appreciated! my first chicken was amazing so I invited all my family (12) people to my house to try it. Im only using the door temp gage for now, I have ordered a auber pid, but hasn't came in yet. I have a Bradley digital thermometer for meat temp in the breast of the chicken on bottom. and it reads 110. the door reads 175 and hasn't gone up in 2 hours. please help

GusRobin

are all your plugs firmly plugged in? Try unplugging and reseating
Is there anything else working off the same circuit as your Bradley?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Quarlow

2 chickens is a lot of moisture. It will do it but it is going to take some time. How long has it been in there? Also -30c is pretty cold for it to overcome. I would say it would take up to 5 hours. If you are using an extension cord you want at least 12ga. And you want to keep it as short as possible. Mine is only 15 feet long. and as Gus said make sure nothing else is running on that circuit. If you are going to have guests you should smoke earlier and then FTC them.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Quarlow

Oh and don't go by the door thermo. It is very inaccurate. Get an oven thermo or a probe style.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Saber 4

Your smoke cycle should be over, pull them and put them in a pan in a preheated oven to finish them up for dinner. :)

Quarlow

Oh, good call Saber. I agree, shove them in the oven to finish faster.

OBS
BBQ

beefmann

agrees with place them in the oven , but at a  - 30 the  extreme cold is having an affect on the smoker