Hello, new guy from the high deserts of Az.

Started by ilo, December 16, 2013, 06:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilo

This is my story,
   About  5 or 6 years ago our son gave us a bradley 4 rack digital smoker, my reaction was, wow how cool, umm what am I going to do with that? as I don't cook at all. So I finally tried it out with not good results, way too much smoke flavor, so the smoker just sat until a few months ago I decided to try it again. I then read a lot of things in various forums including this one, got some tips and recipies and went for it. I started with a chuck roast which turned out good, and since I have done a few other things,  back ribs, chicken,pork butt, and more chuck roast. The wife and I love this thing!! 

NorthShoreMN

Welcome from Minnesota, lots of information on this site
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

TedEbear

Welcome aboard from St. Louis.  Where at in AZ?  I've pedaled across there a few times on my way to the east coast.  In the hot summer, going from Phoenix to 7,000' Flagstaff was like night and day. 

Also, here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET732

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

Saber 4

Welcome aboard from down Texas way, it only gets better and more addicting from here on out. ;)

ragweed

tailfeathers

Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

UncleAl

Welcome from Michigan - this is a great place to learn all about your smoker and how to use it

ilo

I  live in Oracle,Az. about 35 miles north of Tucson.
Quote from: TedEbear on December 16, 2013, 07:02:21 PM
Welcome aboard from St. Louis.  Where at in AZ?  I've pedaled across there a few times on my way to the east coast.  In the hot summer, going from Phoenix to 7,000' Flagstaff was like night and day. 

Also, here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET732

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum