• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sending Jerky and sausage home

Started by Route 36, March 21, 2014, 07:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Route 36

Hello I could use a little info. I have make some jerky and smoked/cooked sausage in my Bradley,then I vac-um packed it and then put it in the freezer.I would wondering can I ship it back east in the mail it could take up to 10 to 14 days to get there? Will it still be good and eatable?
The Griz

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Route 36 on March 21, 2014, 07:25:59 AM
Hello I could use a little info. I have make some jerky and smoked/cooked sausage in my Bradley,then I vac-um packed it and then put it in the freezer.I would wondering can I ship it back east in the mail it could take up to 10 to 14 days to get there? Will it still be good and eatable?

properly cured and vac sealed it will be fine. i ship to Afghanistan and its fine.

RexLan

If you send it in a Regional rate or flat rate box it will be delivered in 2 days.  Call the PO and take it there an hour before their pickup which is usually around 3 PM.

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: RexLan on March 21, 2014, 09:37:38 AM
If you send it in a Regional rate or flat rate box it will be delivered in 2 days.  Call the PO and take it there an hour before their pickup which is usually around 3 PM.

X2. Right now the priority flat rate boxes are the best deal going. I ship a lot of smoked salmon around the US and it arrives at the destination in two days. I also use 1/2" extruded Styrofoam to make a box liner (6 pc.) and a chunk of dry ice. The goods have arrived ice box cold when shipped in cool or cold weather.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

CoreyMac

Keep in mind he is from Canada and our postal service is the very poor. The USPS is a great service. Canada post you could put it in a red wagon and get it there faster.

Just an observation ;D

Corey

Route 36

Thanks I like to here more but we are very slow in Canada from BC to Ontario will take 12 to 14 days as I live in Dawson Creek mile zero of the Alaska HWY.
I did use cure in both I will ship out on Monday,Mom and Dad will love it as they are in there 80"s and do not get out much.
The Griz

RexLan

Snag one of the Lynden trucks and ask the guy to drop it off at the PO for you.  He will make Fairbanks, Anchorage or Seattle quick.  I lived on the other side for 38 years ... it is easy.

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: Route 36 on March 21, 2014, 11:22:45 AM
Thanks I like to here more but we are very slow in Canada from BC to Ontario will take 12 to 14 days as I live in Dawson Creek mile zero of the Alaska HWY.
I did use cure in both I will ship out on Monday,Mom and Dad will love it as they are in there 80"s and do not get out much.

Sorry Rte 36, I didn't see that you were from Canada and shipping to a Canadian address. Would be quite a rigmarole to snag a Linden driver, hit a US post office, ship east in the US to an Ontario point of entry, then to your folks.
Been through Dawson Creek many a time on my way to Alaska.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Route 36

you know might be quicker going through through the states :o
The Griz