• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

why!!!!!!!

Started by viper125, December 25, 2013, 12:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Been looking at the new 2 rack Bradley. And got to admit. I' m confused! I see nothing much different between this and the regular one. And I remember all the comments when I placed mine permantly in an unattached garage. So why is this one safer then mine? I was talking to someone installing in a basement. I highly advised against it. But started thinking people seeing this new one might start thinking this way. Now I haven't had any problems with mine. But I can see potential for a fire in all of them. So other then the indoor or the out door labels tell me the difference.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

viper125

Hmmm JUst like me huh? Over 60 views and not one reply. So Im assuming there is little or nothing different.
Inside setup.

GusRobin

I don't have a 2 rack so I can't make an informed comment (not that it has stopped me in the past  ;D)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

devo

Bradley named this smoker wrong, just like redesigning their web page. The smoker is small just like small counter top convection oven and I guess that's how it got its name. They leak so bad you would not want that smoking away on your counter top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Tenpoint5

The reason that the 2 rack is considered safer is the heating element is located in the sidewall. There is just about NO POSSIBLE way that any meat juices can drip down onto the glowing element and start a fire. I did say just about. I'm sure someone out there could find a way. As stated the unit isn't as smoke tight as one would like it to be.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

viper125

Not to disagree but...... the original is the one i use. I have yet got grease on the element that im aware of. and you may be right. But grease onto a puck seems like a better chance of a fire. But if cleaned of grease and checked on regularly i find it hard to have a fire. But the thought of having a unvented smoker in the house... well it really isn't to smart if you ask me. My chimney in the garage is perfect. I love my garage. But its all insured. In my house I cant replace my grand kids or pets.  So guess i'll just keep the one i got in the garage. LOL! Hope you all had a great christmas.
Inside setup.

NorthShoreMN

I use the two rack quite frequently, never inside. It's used on picnic table, in smoker shed, or on campground table.  Devo's comments are right on,IMO.
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

viper125

Well my main concern was clarifying it. As some are thinking a step further. And bringing the digital and originals into the house.  I want no one injured because they feel it safe because I'm doing it in a garage or others in the house. I weighed it all first. But oil or grease in a box burning wood and red hot elements in my mind. Isn't safe in a house. I don't have problems be cause of all the precautions I take.
Inside setup.

Schmidty

I personally would never even consider using it in the house.  I just bought the 2 rack for my Dad through yard and pool and am excited to hear his reviews.  They have taken up 5th wheel vacationing and spent the summer in Idaho just outside of the park.  One of his only complaints was not being able to smoke or hardly grill anything due to all of the restrictions (for good reason) on fires and the Bradley is just too big to be lugging across the country.  The 2 rack seems like it will be a perfect answer to his lack of smoking dilemma and I am sure that a smoked cut-throat wafting  through the park coming from his outdoor table he will be the talk of the town ;D

viper125

Now thats the best use ive heard of.
Inside setup.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: viper125 on December 27, 2013, 08:34:26 AM
Well my main concern was clarifying it. As some are thinking a step further. And bringing the digital and originals into the house.  I want no one injured because they feel it safe because I'm doing it in a garage or others in the house. I weighed it all first. But oil or grease in a box burning wood and red hot elements in my mind. Isn't safe in a house. I don't have problems be cause of all the precautions I take.
not saying I would use mine in the house. But did you miss the part where I said the heating element and the smoke generator were located in the side wall and NO WHERE near any dripping fats or grease
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

The 2 rack is different from the 4 racks in performance. Reading on it is not even close as using one.

viper125

Well lets see...pucks that are burning... Both!
Heating element one on side one on bottom protects. Both.
Smoke is produced                                                        Both
Neither with a self contained ventilation to get rid of it.
Grease is produced                                                      both     
Possible fire or smoke in house                                     both

Major differences. Element on bottom of one and side of other. But true is more fires are caused by grease running down sides and igniting because people misplace the meats. Allowing it to happen.
In fact all fires i have heard of is caused by greasy smokers or misuse.

Now NEpa please explain to me why you think they are totally different. I  have read all i can find on these. Including many negative reports and they seem to say none to little differences. I really am trying to understand. But if their is grease , and fire their is always a chance of fire. Add that pucks are conbustable material makes it even more possible. And then the element which i tend to find less likely. If I keep my Original free from grease. the shield is more hen enough to provent grease on the element.
Inside setup.

BAM1

The element is "IN THE SIDE WALL" so grease cannot come in contact with element.  I'm pretty sure my normal Bradley has grease contact my element all the time as the drip tray is not sealed to the back wall.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

devo

Viper

There is no open element on the counter top model. It is all enclosed. The pucks never see the inside of the cooking compartment so there is no fuel inside the oven part to burn. You are comparing apples to oranges. Both can smoke but in a totally different ways.