• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sour Cream?

Started by Quarlow, January 29, 2014, 08:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

So I bought a half liter of organic whipping cream so I could show my kids how to make butter. Trouble is it got shoved to the back of the fridge and forgotten and I may have to break the bottle to get it out. LOL.
I am just wondering if there is something I can do with it other than throw it out. Maybe cottage cheese or something. I haven't opened it so not sure how far gone it is but it has been in the fridge for about 3 weeks. It could be real yucky. So what say you.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Salmonsmoker

Q, you might be able to make creme freche' with it. Very simple to do, just google it.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Habanero Smoker

I did a quick google on "what to do with soured cream" , and there are a lot of things you can do with it. Even still make butter.

Here is one link:
http://gnowfglins.com/2011/01/18/q-a-what-to-do-with-soured-cream/

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Quarlow

Hey thanks Habs. Looks like Cultured butter is in the cards.

OBS
BBQ