• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

hello from ottawa,canada

Started by firstimesmker, February 14, 2014, 06:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstimesmker

Hello group, been reading the forum for a while and thought it was time to join.  Getting a smoker really soon and want to be able to benefit from this group.  I have a question about what to buy so i am hoping someone can tell me where to post it... Happy Smoking. :)

STLstyle

General discussions is a good place to start unless it about a particular model of Bradley.  They have their own catagories.  Good luck!

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  I have an original, so I'm biased.  I would buy a New Bradley Original Smoker (BS611).  Get used to it cooking P. butts, ribs, roasts, chicken.  And then,  if you want to smoke sausage and fish where you need tight temp control, invest in a PID down the road.  Total $ not that much more money than a digital and far better temp control.

firstimesmker

thanks stlstyle and ragweed, appreciate the hello's. My question is a short one, not sure if the answer will be though...lol .  Am i better to buy a BS611 and a pid or simply buy the BTDS76JB as i can get a good deal  at Costco here in Canada. Thanks

OntarioSmoke

Hey,

I am sure others will have their own opinion but I own a digital and wished I had bought an original, the digital has really left a lot to be desired when it comes to temperature control so if you are really looking to be able to set it and have the smoker hit your desired temp then the OBS with a PID would be the best bang for your buck IMO.

That being said I do agree that it is a good idea to buy the smoker and spend some time getting used to it and smoking a bit before you invest further in the PID as there are options with them as well.

River Rat

I agree with the above comments..I own a BS611 and am very please with it. I have not purchased a PID yet. I just feel it is good to get to know how the smoker works first before any upgrades are done to it.  I have yet to be let down by any of the product it has put out for me. And Welcome to the forum, its a great tool for us newbies!
River Rat
"Smoke On"

firstimesmker

Thanks for the advice, nice to see people don't just recommend the expensive one.  I can get the OBS for 299 at lowes right now.  Does it offer the same puck control as the digital, i wasn't able to figure that out from the pictures.

River Rat

it automatically advances a puck every 20 minutes or so.  Just load the number of pucks you need and off you go.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Dano

Welcome from a fellow canuck!  There's a wealth of knowledge, recipies, stories and ideas on this site.  Glad you could join.
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)