Boneless Chicken Breast

Started by TNRockyraccoon, March 16, 2014, 11:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNRockyraccoon

Hey folks....

Any tips for doing 5 lbs of chicken breast for this evening?

I'm planning to brush with a BBQ sauce and smoke.

How much smoke and what IT am I looking for?

Its amazing how many whole chickens I've smoked without having ever done just breast.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RedJada

Suggestion, put in 225-250 degree smoker and add 1-2 hours of smoke. Finnish on the BBQ or oven....

Dano

Pre-heat smoker to 260F then let it drop to 220F. I find chicken soaks up smoke more than most meats so I only do 1 hour of smoke then finish on the BBQ low heat to give it a red ring. I brine my breasts first which I think makes the chicken soak up the smoke more and gives it the nitrite red ring when combining brine, smoke and bbq.   Works great.
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

Habanero Smoker

When I cook chicken breast I will only take it to an internal temperature of 152 - 155°F. I generally will use 1:40 hours of smoke; either pecan, maple or apple, and cook at 250°F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TNRockyraccoon

Thanks for the help guys. I had to make an emergency run to the store and the IT jumped 30 degrees by the time I got home. They reached 169 which was a little higher than I was shooting for after taking the advice offered. The good news is that it was still pretty good and everyone enjoyed it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

WoodlawnSmoker

It looks pretty darned tasty, nice!

Saber 4

I could eat a couple of those for sure, on some homemade buns with some smoked provolone or on tortillas with some fresh pico. ;D