• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Longaniza Cubano Caliente

Started by Tenpoint5, March 25, 2014, 07:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

This is a Len Poli Recipe from his site.

Starts off with some of these

Cut into thirds and remove the seeds

Grind peppers through with the meat for a rough grind. Add crushed pineapple and spices

Grind again through a small plate

Add in wet ingredients and mix (Looks like wet oatmeal has same consistency too!)

Placed in the Fridge for flavors to meld for 12 hours then stuff.

Fry up the left overs for a snack/taster

Hang in the smoker to dry for an hour. Make sure you tie off the ends or meat WILL slide out due to the consistency of it!!

Apply 2 hours of smoke

Continue to ramp up the temps to 170 degrees and hold until sausage is 152 degrees. Cool in an ice bath then hang to bloom.

After blooming refrigerate overnight. Product is fully cooked and just needs to be reheated.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cobra6223

DANG man you need to get a hobby !! :D As always looks good.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: cobra6223 on March 25, 2014, 08:31:18 AM
DANG man you need to get a hobby !! :D As always looks good.

GOT ONE!! And it tastes pretty dang good most of the time!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Thompsoncentre

Wow. I dislike pineapple but that just looks incredible

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Thompsoncentre on March 25, 2014, 03:00:49 PM
Wow. I dislike pineapple but that just looks incredible

doesn't taste like pineapple at all you just get a sweet heat from the sausage. You should give this one a try it tastes great.

ragweed

Looks great, Chris!  How hot is it?  I know it's a different heat, but is it as hot as your Kimchi?  I've tried that and if it is, I may have to reduce the peppers a bit for SWMBO.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ragweed on March 26, 2014, 04:39:15 AM
Looks great, Chris!  How hot is it?  I know it's a different heat, but is it as hot as your Kimchi?  I've tried that and if it is, I may have to reduce the peppers a bit for SWMBO.
Not so much! This doesn't have the in your face heat like the kimchi. More of a subtle heat that builds. It does go away quickly

ragweed

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Robert Rose

if the habanero peppers are too hot it would be real easy to substitute jalapeno or some other Chile
Robert Rose
Director Region 3
Texas Association of Bass Clubs
CoCoRaHS Volunteer TX-ER-4

Thompsoncentre

Kimchi?? Wheres the recipe for that? I love kimchi

WoodlawnSmoker

The ingredients in this one are fantastic, I want to do it!  I'm afraid I can't go along with the gummy bear thing, but this one is getting bookmarked, nice!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on March 26, 2014, 03:45:34 PM
The ingredients in this one are fantastic, I want to do it!  I'm afraid I can't go along with the gummy bear thing, but this one is getting bookmarked, nice!

You know the Gummy Bear Brat recipe is just one of those recipes, that is just crazy enough that you have to try it once!