• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Am I Losing My Mind ? Missing Cable

Started by Panthur, May 19, 2014, 11:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthur

Trying to connect new OBS to dual probe PID. I have NO cable anywhere to connect PID controler to smoker cabinet. I do not want PID to control SG so I plan to plug PID and SG into power outlets and then , other than probe wires of course, I should only need one more cord from PID to OBS tower....the one I must have lost or some damn thing. Near as I can tell I need a C14 female x NEMA5-15 male (normal male end). Anywhere I look online, including Aubers site, shows availability of this cable BUT with opposite ends.....C14 male x NEMA5-15 female. I need a female for the back of the tower. I am sure I am starting to lose it a little now. There were no extra cables in the box with the PID that I am aware off. WTF.  :'(

tailfeathers

Mine is a single probe Auber pid but if I remember correctly I had to order an extra cable to connect the pid and the cabinet. If I'm not mistaken all you need is the standard power cable that would work for a computer, printer, etc? I power mine up exactly as you describe, pid and SG to the outlet, cabinet plugs into the rear of the pid.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Panthur

Hmmm.....could it be that simple ? Awesome. I am at work right now but the computer power cable I see appears to be exactly the same cable I need and I have a few of those at home. Can anyone else confirm that this computer power cable is in fact the same as for the Bradley tower please ?  Tnx.  :-X

seemore

manfromplaid

pensrock

Yep a computer cable will work. I would try to find one 16ga if you can. Many are only 18ga and may be on the small side. Or you can buy the ends and a piece of 12 or 14ga wire and make your own.  :)

Panthur

Perfect. Thanks guys. Should be easy from here then.