• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Liquid curing help.

Started by holysmokers, June 06, 2014, 10:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holysmokers

I'm doing pork lion and it is thick 4-5" so I want to do a liquid cure so if anybody could help me for times and recipe and process it would be a big help. I looked in cure section and all I see is dry cure?  Please don't send me to the seimor site as I can't get on there. also I am using Bradley maple cure do I need to add my spices to it or just as is??

tskeeter

Holysmokers, this might give you a place to start.  I see this recipe is adapted from information in Michael Ruhlman's book, Charcuterie.  A resource worth having, if you don't already have a copy.

http://johndlee.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Canadian-Bacon-An-Easy-Recipe-for-Homemade-Loin-Bacon

NorthShoreMN

When I use the Bradley cures, or any other commercially made cures, the only thing I will add is garlic and pepper. NO Additional salt or sweeteners . They show a brine recipe on the container I have. 
If brine curing something thick I also inject some of the mix into the meat. 
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi