Beef loin?????

Started by holysmokers, July 01, 2014, 12:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holysmokers

Good day all from Alberta, CA just wondering if anybody has curried and smoked a beef loin the same as pork loin???? any recipe and all else that might help me would be great. I did a pork loin and was totally amazed.

Habanero Smoker

In the US, beef loin is often called Top loin. It is from the same area as it comes from on a pig. That is were you get the Porterhouse, T-bone, and NY strips steaks from. I've never cured one, and believe that would be a waste of a good cut of meat. I have smoked a few. Below is a link to how I generally will smoke a beef loin.

Smoked Top Loin with Garlic-Herb Crust

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tailfeathers

I would agree with Habs, beef loin is a pretty high priced cut of meat to be curing for smoking. I often make dried beef using eye of round that I cure and smoke for a long time at low temperature and it turns out delicious. Don't know if thats what you are driving at exactly, but if you want to cure and smoke some beef I would go with a less pricey roast than loin. I use the eye of round for dried beef because you want as little fat as possible, I also use it to make jerky for the same reason. Good luck!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

beefmann

at a  butcher shop down the street  from me  has beef loin pastrami, they  say it is made from the beef loin and cured into pastrami, personally i have had better pastrami though i think it was they  cure that was  used on the   loin  over the lion

holysmokers

thanks for the replys good info i was just curious due to the way the pork loin turned out if a guy could use the same process with the beef loin???

Grouperman941

I also think curing it would be kind of a waste. However, seasoning with salt and pepper and maybe onion or garlic powder and smoking at 225 to about 130 degrees would make an awesome roast beef.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Habanero Smoker

After reading beefmann's reply, I forgot there is the sirloin, which is tougher and less expensive then the top loin, and is probably cheaper than buying the brisket cut.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)