• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Anyone ever?

Started by rexster, November 01, 2014, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexster

Pressure wash the inside of your Bradley? I've honestly got so much crud build up I'm thinking of pressure washing the interior. It's a digital so I would take off the smoke generator and would let it completely air dry before turning it on. I've got the two element mod and would wrap the elements in towels to keep the direct spray off them.
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

renoman

I would think the insulation would get soaked and take forever to dry out.

cathouse willy

In a word,Don't! The high pressure will drive water into all the little cracks and crevices where it should never go.Think mushrooms and mould..
Quote from: renoman on November 01, 2014, 04:14:26 PM
I would think the insulation would get soaked and take forever to dry out.

KyNola

I wouldn't power wash it.  Take some foil, wad it up into a ball and knock the crud build up off the walls and bottom and vac that residue out of it.

Quarlow

Quote from: KyNola on November 01, 2014, 06:19:00 PM
I wouldn't power wash it.  Take some foil, wad it up into a ball and knock the crud build up off the walls and bottom and vac that residue out of it.
I agree. Don't wash that thing. Just crumpled newspaper or tinfoil. Give a good rub down and your done.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

If the build up is greasy and/or thick, run it empty and hot for awhile. Then use crumbled newspaper or a stiff brush to remove any loose debris that is on the  walls.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)