• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My digital 6 rack Bradley just arrived

Started by Earls BBQ, December 29, 2014, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earls BBQ

Hello all,

Earl's BBQ here,

I just finished snapping it together, which was a snap! Looks like my first cook will be a 7 lb Brisket, biggest one Sam's had. Over 6 bucks a pound, so I have to get this right! I am from Eastern North Carolina, but have been living in Virginia for the past 17 years. I cook pork shoulders and butts a lot, either on my red neck converted fuel drum, on wheels for catering using LP gas with a smoker box attached or for smaller cooks, charcoal on a barrel type grill/smoker. Looking forward to a little "set it and almost forget it" life style. I have been all over this site and have picked up some great tips and advice! My big concern is I am starting my cooking on New Year's Eve which the temps are supposed to be around 19 degrees for a low and 44 high on New Year's Day. I will let you know how my maiden voyage of cooking beef on an electric smoker goes. Happy New year to you all!
Earl's BBQ

Gafala

Welcome from Washington state. Have a happy new year.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

TedEbear

Welcome aboard from St. Louis, home of the Ferguson riots.   :D

If you haven't yet, check out the beef section of Our Time-Tested and Proven Recipes for hints on your brisket.  The best advice I can give on the cold weather is to shield the Bradley from the wind.  Wind sucks the heat right out of the vent but make sure you leave the vent at least halfway or more open. Also, heating a couple of bricks and putting them at the bottom of the smoker will help with heat recovery.  Use hot water in the bowl to help with the temp, too. Hope everything turns out OK. 

Post some pics or at least tell us how it went when you're finished.   :)

dman4505

Quote from: TedEbear on December 29, 2014, 07:08:51 PM
Welcome aboard from St. Louis, home of the Ferguson riots.   :D

If you haven't yet, check out the beef section of Our Time-Tested and Proven Recipes for hints on your brisket.  The best advice I can give on the cold weather is to shield the Bradley from the wind.  Wind sucks the heat right out of the vent but make sure you leave the vent at least halfway or more open. Also, heating a couple of bricks and putting them at the bottom of the smoker will help with heat recovery.  Use hot water in the bowl to help with the temp, too. Hope everything turns out OK. 

Post some pics or at least tell us how it went when you're finished.   :)

x2
wind is a killer, keep as much off her as you can
welcome aboard

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Earls BBQ

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. I will keep the wind off of her and hope for a successful first run!  I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the recipe link!
Earl's BBQ

beefmann

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Earls BBQ

I will send pics. Probably need to post my experience and pics in another section. Where is the proper section on this site for this? Right now, I am just finishing up with the one hour "seasoning my smoker" process before my first cook in two days! So far, so good!! Nothing in it but wood and water, man that smoke tastes good!! Can't keep my face away from the damper........
Earl's BBQ

Quarlow

Just go to the main page and pick the category that best fits what you are doing.

OBS
BBQ

dave01