SMOKE GENERATOR NOT WORKING

Started by DASFREAK, April 02, 2015, 03:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DASFREAK

Hi!  Just plugged in my smoker and the smoke generator isn't coming on at all.  Fuse is good.  Power is good.  What could be the problem?  Thanx in advance.

Divey

Just check to make sure the power plug is pushed all the way into the generator.

tskeeter

It sounds like you're not getting anything on your smoke generator display and your puck burner doesn't work.  If that's correct, your issue should be with the power supply to the smoke generator.

Assuming that you are actually getting power to the end of the power cord to the smoke generator, and considering that you've checked the fuse and it's OK, the next thing I'd check is the wire from the fuse holder that powers the smoke generator.  If you open the cover on the smoke generator (only remove the screws around the perimeter of the smoke generator base, not the screws in the center of the base) and check that you don't have a loose or disconnected wire.  You're looking for a couple of brown wires.  A short one runs from the power plug to the fuse holder.  A longer one runs from the fuse holder to the smoke generator.  I'm guessing the long brown wire might be loose or disconnected from the fuse holder.  If that's true, reconnecting the wire should solve your problem.

If your display works, but your puck burner doesn't, check that the wires from the display panel to the puck burner are properly connected.  Might be worth disconnecting them and then reconnecting them to to make sure that the terminals do not have some minor corrosion that is causing your problem.  If that doesn't solve your problem, the next step would be to check the continuity on the puck burner.   

Habanero Smoker

Hi DASFREAK,

Welcome to the forum.

The below link will take you to some trouble shooting ideas and tips that may be useful.

Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)