• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hi new to group

Started by Rodsmachineshop, May 31, 2015, 04:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodsmachineshop

Just joined been smoking stuff for years , Just dug a old Bradley smoker some one tossed in are out side dumpster lol  . Puck feeder was missing , so a ordered a new one from Bradley a few weeks ago and ordered some pucks to try it . was impressed with the little smoker . did a ok job but did notice took a very long time to get up to smoking temp . Being a machine shop and having metal lathe and a metal mill and checked on internet sites on modifications done to the smokers was some nice modifications found . So first thing was i did  the pid temp control mod with the extra heating element . after mod works great on heating up faster and also keep at a perfect temp also added to digital food thermometers to keep track of meat temp . see it could use some air circulation so designing my own system since the mods i see really to me don't work that great . on mine i am going to use 3 or 4 inch aluminum dryer tubing and install a fan in it to circulate air like my confection oven works i have from bottom to mid center in my oven .

Smoker John

Welcome, sounds like you dove right in modifying
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Rodsmachineshop

yea a gear head and own a machine shop . think what help most on smoker was making a back that let the air flow better . if i can figure out how to post pics will