• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello from Sydney Australia

Started by Crazy Spanky, June 20, 2015, 10:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Spanky

Hi All

Picked up our new 4 rack smoker yesterday and am about to give it our first shot, we thought we would try chicken wings with no rub to get an idea of what flavour the bisquettes will impart, now where it says oil the rack I am assuming it just means give it a coat so nothing sticks, is Canola spray ok

thanks and looking forward to getting into the whole smoke food lifestlye

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum. Yes canola is fine. Bradley smokers cook at low temps so they tend to turn bird skin into a consistency like rubber.  I recommend smoking/cooking until 3/4 done or when they have had enough smoke then finish on the grill or house oven. This should improve the skin.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Divey

Yep, I agree. Other than my Bradley I have a gas fired smoker and I often smoke whole chickens that have been cured overnight and smoke them to an internal temperature of 66°C (150.8°F). The fresh is magnificent but the skin is almost inedible.  :(

As yet, I have not tried whole chickens in my new Bradley. I'll wait till the weather warms up as I find the smoked chicken with a nice salad is a great summer meal.  :)

Crazy Spanky

Thanks for the tip Wildcat will definitely try that next time either way the wings were excellent and the breast we cooked made an excellent lunch the following day

Smoker John

Welcome aboard, Wildcat has you pointed in the right direction with regards to poultry.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712