• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke generator code E1 when cold

Started by mike6715, January 08, 2016, 12:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike6715

When it is below freezing my 6 rack digital  smoker won't start and flashes E1. Followed the clearing procedure some of you recommend and only thing that I have had repair it is bring it indoors and warm it up. My smoker sits in a unheated building and I live in Minnesota don't want to leave it in my heated shop because makes it smell like smoke. Any other suggestions? 

watchdog56

Make sure your sensor cord from the smoke generator to smoker is plugged all the way in.

Where in Minn. are you? I am form there also.

Smoker John

I've had some moisture on my sensor cord connection which caused this problem once.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

manfromplaid

my smoker is in a small shed behind the house. when I plan to smoke I go out a couple hours early and plug in a little ceramic heater. by the time I fire up the smoker its warmed up enough to start with no problems. I live in central alberta  Edmonton area and it has been cold some of the time.

KyNola

The E1 code refers to the thin sensor code that runs from the generator to the tower.  Try unplugging and plugging both ends of the sensor cord and see if that fixes your problem.  As others have suggested, due to the cold environment your sensor cord may be drawing some moisture into where the cord plugs into the generator and/or tower, causing them not to connect properly.

FastEddie79

I live in Michigan and a couple of weeks ago I got the same code on my 2 week old DBS. Come to find out one puck was smaller than the rest and was causing the pucks not to be pushed far enough down the tray. Once I found the puck was smaller I discarded it and had no problems.