• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bradley Smoker question

Started by davidsmith, July 10, 2024, 01:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidsmith

I spent the day cleaning up our exceptionally filthy, very disgusting Bradley Smoker yesterday. It is this exact smoker.

We've had it for almost 10 years, haven't used it in 3 or 4.

It has always been kept under cover (on a porch), but the wind would always rip the cover right off or ruin one somehow, so while under the porch and out of the weather, still exposed to heat, cold, and sun. The buttons on the keypad are missing the cover, it just crumbled away and left the buttons exposed. Last night my son and I ordered a new smoke generator from Bradley. We also ordered a new temp sensor, just in case.

Heating element is fine (I did fire it up after it received a complete scrubbing inside and out).

My question - how do you change out the temp sensor? Is it pretty easy? I couldn't find any videos on youtube about it, or any instructions anywhere.

Habanero Smoker

Hi davidsmith,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you are refurbishing your smoker.

It is pretty easy. You will need to remove all the screws that are securing the back panel to the body. When you remove the back panel, be careful; it will still be attached by the sensor wire and power receptacle. After removing the panel, disconnect the temperature sensor wire. Next go inside the cabinet and remove the two screws that hold the temperature sensor in place, and pull the temperature sensor out. To replace the sensor, just reverse the steps.

If it were me, I wouldn't bother replacing it, unless I knew it was not working, or not working properly. Hold on to it until you need it. I'm a big believer of keeping the sensor surface clean, to obtain more accurate readings. I use a piece of green Scotch pad to do this. Also, after the cleaning you did, you should re-season your smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Yukislik

The rear panel is fastened to the body by screws, which must be removed. Take care not to damage the sensor wire or the power receptacle
amanda the adventurer