• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Another New User

Started by SmokinSC, December 07, 2006, 07:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinSC

I just received my new Bradley Original and have a few basic questions. Where do you get the Bubba Puck's? Is is best to put the bisquettes in from the start or after the meat has been in for awhile? How do you know what position to put the damper in and is it for controlling heat or smoke? Thanks for the help.   

iceman

Call Kirk Lehman (Chez Bubba).
(574) 276-8746
He can give you all the answers and has all the Bradley accessories you will ever need.
This guy is awesome!!! :)

icerat4

I leave my damper 1/2 open all the times.Yes it can effect the heat a little.Best is half open.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Wildcat

IceRat 4 is right on.  If you do chicken you may want it at 2/3.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smudge

I think one of the most important things to do is temper the meat before placing it in the smoker. By that I mean taking it out of the refrigerator and allowing it to sit at room temperature for a while. Failure to do that will often result in a taste which has been described as licking the bottom of an ash tray.

This practice goes against our instincts. We've all been drilled no doubt in safe food handling and what is rule # 1? That's right: Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature.

But if you practice this technique you'll get tasty results with no danger of food poisoning. I apply smoke immediately, 2 to 3 hours for most projects, and use the smoker as a slow cooker for the remainder of the job.

Good luck!