• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ribs and Meatloaf

Started by begolf25, March 19, 2007, 11:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

begolf25

Well, here is what the wife, in-laws and myself had for dinner this weekend.

Kept it simple with the ribs. Just some salt, pepper and a small amount of rub.

Made sure to cook them long enough this time. I don't think I had been doing that before. Finished them on the grill for a few minutes. Easlily the most tender, best set of ribs I have made yet.

...and a Ain't Mama's Meatloaf to finish off. I think I scared my mother-in-law when I set this on the table but it sure didn't last long. I am looking forward to lunches all week since I made an extra one. Nothing like a meatloaf sandwhich.

iceman

Dang good looking Bryan!!! I gotta get some warm weather soon. I'm going wackoo with this last cold snap. Time to install an indoor smoker in the kitchen.

NePaSmoKer

I second that, looks great.

I checked my height from the top of stove to the vent 28" my BS is 31"
Time to put my carpenters belt on  ;D

nepas

coyote

Good lookin' grub Begolf25 , ....That's what I do , an extra meatloaf for some of the worlds greatest
sandwiches. If those ribs taste as good as they look, you had one dandy dinner :)
                                                                                  Coyote

IKnowWood

NePa  use that 7" power Vent you are geting and wrap it in a Dyer vent / Flu pipe and suck the smoke out a window.  

Ribs and Meatloaf sound excellent together.  Also imagine this Smoke Meatloaf chunks in a Sheppeards Pie. My that would be good (sorry reminising from this last weekend)....
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

IKnowWood

Oh yeah.  Bryan,  Excellent cook on those ribs.   I got a few slabs to do this weekend with some baked beans and ABTs.   Thankts for the salivation preparedness.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

NePaSmoKer

Thats a good idea IKW  ;D

nepas

Wildcat

Nice job Ryan.  I love ribs with Ice's sauce and then finished on the grill.  Simply can't get any better. ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

begolf25

Thanks fellas. Ribs were the one thing I had been having trouble with but I think I have a better feel for when they are done now.  I think I am going to try some spare ribs this weekend. Hopefully those will turn out just as good!

West Coast Kansan

:) Very nice indeed Bryon!  :P

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

tsquared

How long did you do the ribs for, Begolf?
T2

begolf25

Quote from: tsquared on March 20, 2007, 08:26:53 PM
How long did you do the ribs for, Begolf?
T2

In the BS for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours at 210. Then I moved them into my oven because I had some other things to put in the BS.

Cooked them in the oven for about 3 hours @ 250.

then about 15-20 minutes on the grill @ 350.  Did put some foil on the grill to make sure the sauce didn't burn.

Macman

Please let July come really soon!!!!!  ;D Those look incredible...

Tiny Tim

Well, I think I've finally decided to try some meatloaf in my smoker...gonna have to wait until the next grocery store trip though (maybe Monday or so).  Also going to have to make some minor changes in the ingredient side since I don't like onions or peppers...maybe replace with mushrooms or something.