• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

brining and membrane question

Started by Badger, June 22, 2007, 05:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger

I'm going to be doing some side ribs tomorrow and they still have the membrame on them, I assume you would remove this the same as you would any other type of rib correct?

I have read a lot about brining and it sounds like an excellent way to get very juicy flavorful ribs, my question is this...I know I will be cramped for time tomorrow ( helping my wife prepare for a baby shower for one of her co-workers, excellent opportunity for me to score some brownie points to apply to kitchen passes) and I won't have much time to fiddle around with the ribs so I want to prep as much as I can tonite, can I brine for an hour this far in advance of actual cooking?

The last thing I want to do is have horrible (salty) food for her guests.

Anyone out there have some pointers ASAP?!?!  If not I may forego the brining this time.

acords

I've never brined ribs before, so I can't help you out there. The ribs have always come out moist and flavorful.  Just keep it low and slow and I think you'll be a hero.
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Badger

Well I was reading some info over at amazing ribs.com and it outlined the process for getting really juicy ribs by brining. If you go to the recipes drop down menu and select hog heaven and about 2/3's of the way down you'll see for juicy ribs,brine.

I thought I would give this a try, not that my previous attempt turned out tough or dry I just like to experiment with different techniques and I like to cook so I was looking for some feedback from here before I dove in.

Check it out they've got some intersting stuff going on over there, there is a really tasty sounding maple glaze for ribs.

ohioan

Hey Bager...Ribs,,,,mmmmm...Ihave been doing ribs for along time,,,I first learned in North Corolina wher I lived for 12 years...Salisbury...Not to far from Lexington...They way its done ther is to remove the membrane...and slow smoke...Mopping about once an hour with a viniger base sauce,,,a combination there of...I have a finishing sauce I serve with them... a combination of hot and sweet...MMMmmmm...good stuff

Fire It Up
Ohioan
FIRE IT UP!!!
Ohioan