• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

whole bone-in pork loin

Started by chuck steak, June 27, 2007, 01:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck steak

as I've mention B4 I'm a butcher, I asked market mgr today how much would he sell me a whole pork loin for. He came bk later and said 1.49 lb untrimed. I'm gonna get it just B4 weekend after 7-04 seince the 4th is on wed. and I have that sunday off.
Here is tha plan, I will be doing the cutting and trimming myself after work hours. I will cut the madailion out and make a short tender loin and a crown rib roast. I'm telling you guys this cause I could do it on my day off and take some pic's to post here. Not all butchers know where to cut a crown roast so you can slice it at tha table. Then some customers don't realize what it should look like when cut.(the roast I mean).
Should I do the picture thang or not is the question, Maybe you could work-out a deal with yur local butcher. Durring slow days they would be happy to cut it I'm sure so long as you pay for the UN-trimed price. they would cut the bone and you trim yur own fat from it and take off the madailion.
I could also show a couple other things you could do with the RIB end of the whole bone-in loin. Do ya wanna see it?

Tiny Tim

I would.  A local store had a good deal (in their weekly flyer) on a whole bone-in loin a few weeks ago, but since I didn't know for sure what I'd be messing with, I let it slip away.

HCT

Always looking to learn something new, especially when it's about meat. Let'er rip and thanks.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

ohioan

Hey Chuck...What is you thought on a leg of lamb...bone or bone out and rolled and tied...I have done it both ways..
FIRE IT UP!!!
Ohioan

Gizmo

I would love to see the slicin' process.  Visuals are always welcome.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/