• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

prime rib

Started by ohioan, June 21, 2007, 10:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohioan

Has anyone ever tried smokin' up a prime rib in a bradley??
FIRE IT UP!!!
Ohioan

icerat4

I have. It came out gggrrreeeaattttt.Give it a try . ;D ;D ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

ohioan

Thanks Rat...I am going to purchase my first Bradley shortley...Your forums are great...alot of usefull info here...but I can't really tell from pictures and such, how is the temp controlled on the OBS?
FIRE IT UP!!!
Ohioan

icerat4

I HAVE 2 and there very easy no biggie at all you will see very easy.Good luck and any questions just ask .Someone will always get back to ya.Have fun. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

HCT

I haven't done the prime rib but I have a small roast beef that I'm going to pop in the BS for an hour or 2, low heat and finish it in the oven. Always trying something new with the box, it's a great toy. :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

chuck steak

rut row, prime rib roast in smoker?? humm bone-in or boneless? As a butcher I have to ask and offer my little two cents. When cooking prime rib roast it is nessasary to sire the outside of the roast so the fat juices doesn't melt out of the meat and make it tough. I wish you the very best of results with it, but I wonder if it woulf be best to sire it B4 smok'n it.
The first rib roast I want to do is a CROWN rib roast, Get yur local butcher to cut you a seven bone roast ( center cut rib roast), tell him to cut the spine bone out so you can slice it with ease at the table.What he should do is set the roast on table with the ends of the rib bones pointing upward then use the table saw to cut away the bone that links the bones together. This will allow you to cut a chop about 1 and 1/2 inches thick after you let the roast rest. Course use yur favorite rub. Just a footnote you can cook two and just prior to serving and cutting point the bones upward and lean them against each other so the bones interlock, This is called a roast of honor.the bone will point up like this ==  /\anyway good luck with yur prime rib

ohioan

Hey Chucksteak...I usually burn the roast off on the rotissery on gas and then slow cook at about 165 to 180 for 8 hours on a 15pounder...That will get it up to 135 befor i shut it down...it finishes at 140 -145 beautiful ...of course i baste it now and again with melted butter with my extra rub in it....whew....I', gettin' hungry...I have a special dinner to do in August...I should have some practice on the BDS by then...

Fire it UP!!!
Ohioan
FIRE IT UP!!!
Ohioan

Consiglieri

I've done prime rib in the Bradley with good results.  My only criticism is that you really can't get the crust in the smoker.  Here is the link for that project thread:

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4454.msg38899#msg38899
Consiglieri

West Coast Kansan

pr is no problem except it keeps getting eaten too soon. Smoked is wonderful.  No crust as they say but does not dry out either. Blast it on a hot grill to finish a crust AFTER the smoke. Wont over cook that way - or so my experience has been.  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

chuck steak

gets eat'n to soon.....hahahaa I would think so, I love a good rib roast. Maybe after I've had this BS for awhile longer I'll give it a try. Me and my smoker are still in the honeymoon stage LOL

ohioan

WCK...I like the idea of fire it off after the smoke at the end for the crust...makes sence thanks...

Fire It Up!!!
Ohioan
FIRE IT UP!!!
Ohioan