• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cold Smoking in 104 Degree Heat

Started by BurntFork Ken, July 07, 2007, 06:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurntFork Ken

And they said it couldn't be done...   :D  Filled the water bowl, and 2 half sized aluminum steam table pans full of ice.  I had salmon and trout on the top two racks, the pans on the bottom two.  Temp in the OBS never crossed 70-75f.  Had the unit in the shade of the patio cover with the misters on and a pedestal fan blowing through the mist.  Worked just great and the cold lasted all my 3 hours of smoke with only one refresher of the water bowl.  Smoke unit attached directly to the cabinet.

Next time you're jonesin' for some lox in the summer, it can be done!

Cheers,
Ken

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

I see only one major problem with your post BurntFork.

NO PICTURES?  AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG.

Please help us that live through our brethern's triumps!!!!!!!

O.K.  Toooo Maaaannnnnyyyyy Italian Cadillac Margs but they went soo well with the Sesame Garlic marinated pork loin I grilled tonight.

Congrats on the turn out and if you could, post up som pics.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

And I thought I'd have to wait until winter!!! Thanks for the tip!! Very "cool"!!

BurntFork Ken

If I could remember my password to Photobucket, this would be a slam dunk!

DOH!

Ken

Habanero Smoker

At my age, I often give thanks to RoboForm ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kummok

Quote from: BurntFork Ken on July 09, 2007, 03:25:38 PM
If I could remember my password to Photobucket, this would be a slam dunk!......

Forget Photobucket, Ken....use "The Force"  (....or is that ol fart?!?? I get sooooo confused in my old age ;) :D)  See:  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=5586.0;topicseen  for Olds' gracious offer for host n' post excellence