Started by stc, August 16, 2007, 01:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stc

just got my smoker today  ;D ;D ;D awsome site and sounds like awsome people. of course ups smashed the door but called bradley they said have one for me by mon. they were very nice

manxman

welcome stc, looking forward to hearing how you get on once you start smoking.  :)
Manxman

iceman

Sorry to hear about the shipping misshap stc. Welcome to the "family" and can't wait to hear about you first smoke in the new toy. Keep use all posted. Watch out for Kummock though, something real fishy about that guy.  :D :D ;D Just kidding of course. He's sort of our local salmon expert so if you ever get into the salmon look up his recipes. ;)

stc

i do lots of salmon fishing nd been looking at his receipes. i have a question have you guys ever done a beer butt chicken in your smokers ? and any suggestions please

hillbillysmoker

Welcome to the forum.  Lots of friendly folks here.  Whatever the questions someone is willing to help.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

Welcome stc.

I haven't done the beer can chicken in the BS yet.  There have been several posts here from others that have.  Several will do the smoke then finish on grill or oven to crisp the skin.

That method will be my next chicken smoke attempt.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

Quote from: stc on August 16, 2007, 04:00:01 PM
i do lots of salmon fishing nd been looking at his receipes. i have a question have you guys ever done a beer butt chicken in your smokers ? and any suggestions please
Here's a few beer butt chickens out of the smoker. Real easy to do.
I brine them overnight in a basic poultry brine, then inject them with garlic butter marinade, then season some beer with tyhme, basil, etc and mount them up and toss in the smoker at 225 until they're done. To finish I sometimes toss them in a very hot oven for 20 minutes or so or just dip them in the deep fryer for 5 minutes to get a really crisp skin.
click picture to enlarge.

Artmiester

Welcome stc,
I'm new here myself but already feel right at home. This is a great bunch of people with even greater ideas. Funny thing, we took delivery on two DBSs about two months ago from UPS and BOTH doors were crushed. I think it's a trend with UPS nowadays. Bradley had them both replaced within four days! Enjoy the forum and we'll be looking for the results of your first smoke. ;D
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

stc

OK, just did my first smoke.  Jerky.  I think it's a little smokey, but the colder it gets the better tasting it gets..  Did Bradley recipe and 5 hour smoke seems a little long.  Plan on doin a chicken soon.  Wife likes the jerkey and she's not much of a meat eater, so must not be too bad ... ;D

Gizmo

stc,
You should try cutting down the smoke on jerky to 1 hour and 20 minutes to 2 hours.  The thin slices absorb smoke fast and you might find out you don't need much more than that to satisfy the taste buds.

I will now appologize to the member retailers here that may now lose out on a few extra bisquette purchases you will not have to make.   ;D ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

stc

will give that a try its disappering fast so will have to try sooner than i thought

Ontrack

Welcome stc,
I was so happy to open my BDS a few weeks ago and find no damage. I made the driver wait for me to cut it open after reading the horror stories here. I'm close friends with our driver's supervisor, so I get pretty good treatment from the UPS guys. About 5 minutes after he left, I saw him chugging back up the driveway and thought he forgot to give me my pucks, bubba bucks, or the et-73 I had also ordered. Instead, he had my mailbox that he had just smashed on the way out. No biggie, though, as it was replaced within a couple of hours...just another UPS story.

NePaSmoKer

Welcome stc.

I have done some crazy beer can chicken. Smoked then into the weber.........CrAzY MaN......

NEPAS

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome stc, iceman & Nepas those chickens are real mouth watering material

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

begolf25

Welcome to the board STC!

Bryan