• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello from a newbie to this board

Started by scoreone, November 21, 2007, 06:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoreone

I cannot believe I just found this board today but I want to be part of it. I have owned a Bradley original for years, but today (when it was time to cold smoke Thanksgiving turkey) my original went down. I realized when I had to hold the door closed with a cinder block because it was broken off and my smoke generator timer quit working and it did not get hot enough to make smoke it was time for a new one. I now have a new original because I love it so much. Just wanted to say hello to all you fellow smokers. Looks like some really great things can happen around here!
Chris

Mr Walleye

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum.

You will find tons of great information here for sure. There is also lots of good recipes on Olds Recipe Site. Just click on the Bradley Smoker at the bottom of my post and it will take you there.

Have fun & keep smokin'

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

Welcome scoreone,
Mike beat me to the post button as I received a warning as I started typing.  Old's recipe site is a definite great source for some recipes.  Please share your own as well.  We starve for pictures here.  You gotta keep the keyboarders well fed when they are at work.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

scoreone

Thanks for the welcome. I'll share some recipes soon, but most of mine are grab some key ingredients and wing it from there. The most important thing to me now is that my turkeys are cold smoked and ready to go for morning thanks to my new original Bradley. My next project is going to be a butt using the FTC method (which I just learned here today) for a church meal on Sunday. I want to thank everyone that posts ideas, recipes, etc. here becuase we will all become better cooks because of it.

KyNola

Welcome scoreone!

These guys are the best.  Being a newbie, I'm just along for the ride.  They have taught me so much.

KyNola

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome scoreone, sounds like your first Bradley saw a lot of action!, i'm sure the new one will serve you just as well  ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

manxman

Manxman

Duster

Welcome to our family Chris, Can't wait to here of some of your adventures

Wildcat

Welcome aboard Chris.  Post often (with pics if possible).  That FTC method is great, especially for keeping hot until time to serve.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

Greetings Chris,
Welcome to this place.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Stickbowcrafter